Photobucket

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fear Is The Key

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. – Frank Herbert


A very true saying from mister Hebert, fear is the mind killer. Fearful people do stupid things and are easily led by someone who seems to have the power to make what they fear go away. Fear is the weapon wielded by terrorists and is so effective that even a botched attempt like the Christmas crotch bomber can through the U.S. into a tizzy. Fear is also the major weapon used by theocrats against queers, fear that we will rape their follower’s children and then recruit them into our ‘lifestyle’. Fear that our very existence will somehow bring society crashing down. Fear is irrational so rational and reasoned arguments will not stand against it. Fear most of all is the weapon of the coward and the bully.

No comments: