Photobucket

Monday, June 15, 2009

More Late Night Ramblings To The Center Of My Mind

So a bit of a let down last week wasn’t it? What with Obama’s Department Of Justice filing a legal brief in defense of DOMA you would think we Queers have been given the shaft again and you would be right. Hell we Gender Queer’s even got the finger from the house journal of the Gay establishment The Advocate who couldn’t be bothered to get a story about a trans woman getting married right. It is enough to really piss one off isn’t it?

It’s certainly enough to make me turn my eyes inward to meditate on what I’ve done or not done. I certainly am no great activist or leader and just as certainly have not done enough to advance the cause of legal equality for queers. We all haven’t done enough. I know I’m a coward for not being fully out to everyone I know. If we ALL came out we would shock and move a great many people. But that’s easy to say and hard, if not potentially fatal, to do. Maybe it’s because I’m a child of the 60’s but I’m coming around to the belief that only a revolution can change things. The system seems so hopelessly corrupt, so completely bought off by the big money interests that nothing short of revolution will be able to make any difference. But are we all too apathetic and scared to make a difference?

So do you have an answer for that?

No comments: