Photobucket

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Further Rummaging In The Basement Of My Mind

I realized today that I’m in the same situation now as I was in in my late teens and early twenties. Then it was hiding my bisexuality from my parents because I knew it would bring a rupture with them. My mother cried why she worried I might be gay because I wasn’t dating. Now I fear transitioning because it would likely mean a final breakup of my marriage. There are differences, then I had no support at all. I couldn’t talk to my family or friends and was to timid to make use of the then new gay and lesbian centers. Now I have queer friends and a great therapist to help me work through this. Here’s hoping I can work through this. I am tired to the point of weariness of hiding the real me, whatever that is, from the world. I have worn a mask far to long.

No comments: