Photobucket

Monday, September 21, 2009

I Can Write Again!

Well sort of, we’ll see how well this goes.

I’m experiencing a financial meltdown thanks to two pay cuts so far this year. I really am facing bankruptcy and foreclosure, but that’s not what I want to write about. A side effect of sudden onset poverty is that I cannot afford HRT or a new wardrobe. I am still going to be presenting as mostly male.

So how does that affect my sense of my gender? Not at all because guess what, we are not the things we do to present the gender we are. We use hormones and undergo surgical procedures to bring our bodies into line with our sense of self but that sense of self does not depend on anything external. It causes us considerable stress when we cannot present to the world as we are but we live with that as best we can.

So I will continue to be a Gender Queer Stone Femme. I will present myself to a hostile world as best I can. It does not matter how the world sees me, I am still me.

No comments: