Photobucket

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It’s a Beautiful World For You

But not me. By transitioning I have embarked on a course that will give me a one in twelve chance of being murdered compared to the 1 in 18,000 chance I have now. It also gives me a better chance of being beaten, raped, and denied employment or housing. I must be crazy to deliberately set myself for this sort of hatred or at least that’s what the anti-trans theocrats would say. They say I just need therapy to ‘cure’ me of my confusion. Well guess what creeps, I’m seeing a therapist and after watching me struggle with this for the last few years she thinks this is the right course for me. This is not something I just want to do this is something I have to do or risk sinking back into the self destructive depression I was in before.

So I’m dammed if I do and dammed if I don’t transition. I have nothing left to lose, except of course my marriage and my family. Oh fuck it lets just listen to Devo’s ‘Beautiful World’

No comments: