Photobucket

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Yet More Queer Thoughts Before I Sleep

I am non-binary in my gender and that can be a scary place. I am fully out to only a small handful of people most met through Gender Queer Revolution or though one of my gender queer friends. I present physically as very male as I have only been on estrogen for two months and on a very low dose at that. I am just staring to mix and match in my gender presentation. I am even using my chosen name, Natasha, at places like Star Bucks. I am lucky I live in L.A. where such ‘eccentricities’ are generally tolerated. Still I worry what may happen if I present more as the gender switching and gender fucking stone femme I am. There is a deep, ugly and violent misogynist streak in this country that gets feminine people killed no matter what they were assigned at birth. But I am old with not much time left so I think I’m going to risk everything to be who I really am before I die.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Natasha,

Your posts caught my attention, I like your blog. We would welcome you here in Bisbee, AZ.

Are you interested in comments?

Take care,
Debra

Unknown said...

I am always interested in comments, it's just that I get so few.

Anonymous said...

"But I am old with not much time left so I think I’m going to risk everything to be who I really am before I die." Yes, when I first contemplated my transness I wondered if I should bother, after fifty years, to do anything about it. But then I thought, damn it, if not now, when? Thanks for the confirmation.