Photobucket

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Midnight Musings

I do seem to write these posts late don’t I? It must have something to do with my inability to sleep or focus lately. Of course my ‘stay awake all night, sleep all day’ sleep cycle may have something to do with it. I do love the night, especially here in the mountains where the stars are big and bright. I am in many ways a creature of the night.

Which circles back around to my last post on the othering of groups of people, those of us who like the nightlife are always looked at with suspicion. I suppose it has something to do with our ancestors’ fear of the dark, they had good reason there really were monsters out there hunting them.

There still are monsters out there hunting people but most are now human monsters. Still those human monsters of the night aren’t nearly as bad as the ones who work in broad daylight. Charles Manson is a twisted monster but at his worse didn’t do nearly the damage of say Dick Chaney, Charley orchestrated the death’s of fewer then a dozen people, Chaney orchestrated the Iraq war which has killed one hundred thousand people plus. Charley’s in jail for life, Chaney is free and living on a government pension. Is it any wonder I prefer the night?

No comments: