Photobucket

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I’m Tired

I’m tired of living the lie of being a straight male when I’m not. I’m queer on very many levels, in gender, in sexual orientation, in pleasures and in general outlook on life. Time and resources mean I will have to move slowly to change how I present but I am going to do it.

I’m also tired of bigots hiding behind religion telling me I’m a worse threat to the U.S. the al Qaeda. They are lying hypocrites one and all from Dobson to Warren more interested in their own power games then the real human suffering that their preaching causes.

I’m tired of the unexamined assumptions, lack of critical thinking and just general stupidity that is condemning most of the world to misery and early death. We have it within our grasp to create a far better world. Not a paradise, we humans are too flawed for that, but still a world were everyone has the opportunity to find their own happiness.

Most of all I’m tired of the fear. The fear that power hungry scum use to try and control us, the fear which has kept me living a lie, the fear that keeps most of us from realizing our better natures. Let us break the bonds of fear and hate, let us laugh, love and truly be.

No comments: