Photobucket

Saturday, January 10, 2009

In Praise of Cheap but Fun Horror Movies

It’s Saturday and I have been drinking and watching horror movies so in lieu of anything profound some horror movies I have loved.

1. Frankenstein A true classic along with,

2. The Bride of Frankenstein These two masterpices by James Whale still stand up, profoundly moving with great performances from Boris Karloff as the creature and Colin Clive as his creator.

3. Curse of the Demon / Night of the Demon I do love this film in either the US or UK version. The actual demon is a bit cheesy, the director didn’t want to show it close up, but the movie still works,

4. Cat People This one can still raise your hackles. It neatly harnesses the power of your mind to scare you silly.

5. Prince Of Darkness A very underrated film by John Carpenter, scared the bejesus out of me when I first saw it. Still delightfully creepy.

No comments: